Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thrift haul: Finding great deals while staying stylish

Hello my fellow thrifters!

When it comes to fashion, style, and shopping, we all want to look our best, express ourselves, and wear clothes that we love without breaking the bank. This my friends, is what thrifting is all about. Thrifting allows you the thrill of getting a bunch of clothes and adding to your clothes, without the mall or department store prices.

To get ready for a great cruise to the Bahamas and to just get a some new clothes for our fashion forward lives, my best friend and I went to two of our favorite thrift/consignment stores yesterday: Plato's Closet and my ultimate guilty shopping pleasure, Sandy's, as seen in a previous blog posting.



Clothes-wise, here I have:

An orange chiffon dress with gold beading along the neckline that I will be wearing to one of the dinners on the cruise

A nude high low skirt that goes really well with...

A Forever21 daisy crop top

A mustard yellow high-waisted pair of shorts with a tribal printing and bow-tie belt

A black and white stripped body con dress

A sheer floral print top that will be great to wear on a beach day in the Bahamas

And my favorite piece, a Forever21 chiffon maxi dress that has a slit that comes up to my mid thigh



As for the accessories I have:

Dangling gold earrings with pink beads

A pair of nude suede wedges from Charlotte Russe

And my news favorite shoes, strappy black heels with gold beading from Carlos Santana

Looking up the shoes alone, Carlos Santana heels run from about $60 to $110 a pair. However, this entire shopping spree was under $90. Had I bought all of these pieces for their original prices, I would have spent well over $200. Can you say, deals?


No comments:

Post a Comment